Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Mother's Health

Good Morning,
This will be a short post today as I got in late last night and am off again today... tomorrow... and Friday.  I must find some time to write in between all my meetings!! 

I usually don't watch TV, so the only way I get my news is via MSN or Google - I don't like listening to all the negativity in the world... prefer to hear the blessings, changes, and positive things in the world.  yes, sometimes that means I am an ostrich that needs to pull my head out of the sand... and I do!  :)

So, I happened across an article prepping for the ones I have written this week and I came across one that has stayed with me.  it is funny - the article was about animal rights - but the part that struck me was what they were doing with the animals and why.  Now, don't get up in arms with me because I didn't focus on the animal rights issue - I think I have shown you that I am 100% for all things natural - saving the earth - including its animals.  But they were using these monkeys to test a theory about a mother's health during pregnancy.  I guess this strikes me specifically right now because my daughter is pregnant.  And I have told her over and over that it is no longer her - how she wants that child to think, eat, behave all is being formed right now by her actions.  How she eats, how she thinks, how she behaves... if she wants a healthy child, she needs to be healthy... she is teaching our little Sophie right now. 

What they found in these tests, were that the monkeys that had a high carb / high fat content diet during their pregnancy bore weak offspring that were prone to medical problems, and obesity.  DUH!!  The monkeys with a good healthy diet bore strong offspring that were active, interactive, happy, low (if any) medical problems THROUGHOUT their life, and normal weight.  But I want to take this a step further...

Not only does our food affect our offspring, so does our mental attitude, our exercise plan, and all the things we come into contact with during that pregnancy.  You are not thinking, eating, or exercising for one... there are two of you connected.... you are the one thing that can affect that child more than anything else.

I will look for the article and attach if I can find.  Blessings.. E

1 comment:

  1. As promised - here is the link to the video I watched online. I don't agree with some issues... but the overall message is clear.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/monkey-obesity-study-13362040

    ReplyDelete