Sunday, January 30, 2011

Did you know....

Good Morning!
I woke up thinking about quick and easy things that everyone can do to improve their overall health. So let's play "Did you know?"

Honey not only is the only food substance that will not spoil, but it is also a natural antibiotic. It can be used to heal cuts / scrapes / burns. It can be added to your hot tea when you have a cold. It helps fight allergies - especially if you purchase honey that has been cultivated locally.

Oatmeal helps lower cholesterol, and also helps your skin. It fights acne (soap), dries up weeping rashes (bath), and there are many health benefits of eating whole rolled oats for breakfast - cancer fighting phytochemicals, and diabetes fighting soluble fiber. Avocado is also amazing for your skin.

Asparagus is one of your "super" vegetables. It has been shown to destroy cancer and tumors in the body if eaten regularly. Asparagus helps the body remain alkaline and cancer can't live in an alkaline environment.

The pectin in apples and grapes helps strengthen your nails.

A combination of Eucalyptus oil (40 drops) and Lemongrass oil (20 drops) mixed in water in a 32oz spray bottle has a multitude of uses. If sprayed around your windows (inside and out) and along your doors, will naturally deter bugs, and kill any that pass across it. I spray my house about once every three months, or as soon as I start to see creepy crawlies. If used in the laundry (I put it in the final rinse), it will keep bugs away from your clothes, towels, sheets.

Onion and garlic are natural mosquito repellents. On the flip side - if you eat bananas in the summertime, the chemical reaction in your body attracts the nasty little buggers. I buy pellets and sprinkle the yard every three weeks. I don't want to kill the mosquitoes because the birds eat them and I love listening to the birds. I have found that they also keep away moles and armadillos. :) A side benefit for sure! Plant either or both around your roses and they will keep the aphids and bugs away.

Colloidal Silver is probably the most important natural product to have in your home. It is a natural antibiotic and a powerful healer. It works on ear aches, to MRSA one of the most aggressive and deadly staph infections there is.

Well, how did you do? Got any for me? How about ideas for posts or questions you would like answers to? TTFN! E

4 comments:

  1. Q: So what do you recommend for a facial scrub/exfoliant? Do you take silver everyday? What dosage for kids and adults?
    A: Depends on your skin tone. I have oily skin (a horrible thing as a teen but a wonderful thing as an adult), and it is also very sensitive. If I use a purchased product, it is Neutrogena. In the shower I scrub with an oatmeal bar and to remove makeup and dirt/grime I use vinegar. What type of skin do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A: Colodial Silver. No, I do not take it every day. At the first sign I am not 100% I begin a 7 day regiment of 2 tsp / twice a day. The best thing is to put it under your tongue - it gets into your bloodstream faster. For children under 12 half that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A: facial. One of my favorite books from school has some great recipies if you are interested. Herbal REcipes for Vibrant Health by Rosemary Gladstar... Amazon has it for less than $12 and it is well worth it. http://www.amazon.com/Rosemary-Gladstars-Herbal-Recipes-Vibrant/dp/1603420789/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296417761&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Q: What type of vinegar?
    A: plain old every day white. I use it for EVERYTHING. instead of bleach, face, clearing drains... you name it, you can probably use it.

    ReplyDelete